Thursday, June 11, 2009

DRIVING, Continued…


Thanks Deputy B. for sharing your car with us!

So, last week I mentioned a secret desire to see and possibly film a wicked crash. It didn’t happen. I did, however, do a 360 at about 55mph into the dirt. That kind of counts, eh?

Seriously though, I was impressed with our cars, our track, our instructors. We also got a ton of driving time. When the week began I expected to be sitting around for 7 ½ hours out of the day, and driving maybe 30 mins. NOT the case. We got a ton of practice in (which is why nearly disqualifying (in my case) on the open course is somewhat embarrassing, ha).

Getting ready for the next run.



Driving home on I-70 after the days had ended was a hoot. I had to consciously slow myself down. Laws are meant to be obeyed, Will. Speed limits are laws. This is your job now. Jeez.


Taking a break while the instructors set up the next course.
Good looking group of men and women, I think.
Call a JeffCo recruiter today.



These last three weeks have been as intense as any we’ve experienced in the Academy. On Monday I was TASED (don’t fight with the cops!). Today we had a full day of mock crime scene practice. INTENSE. But with a ton of world-class help from Investigations’ Finest. This is really where my own personal interests lie. It was fascinating and extremely educational to go through an investigative scenario from start to finish with the help of some true pros. Stay tuned for further postings on my smoking hot date with about 10 trillion electrons operating at 50,000 volts, as well as our experiences investigating and arresting an attempted murderer (mock, mock, of course).



Night drive…lights and sirens! Noise and flashing lights!