Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fast Cars and Psychedelic Paint Bullets

SIMS!

I have this scab on my arm. I actually took a picture of it and was even thinking of posting it here but you should all be thankful that the voice of reason (albeit a tired and wheezing voice) was heard, and I decided to NOT post the picture.

These Simunitions (Sims) things hurt.



They’re effectively bullets of paint fired out of converted handguns, coming at you at about half the speed of a real bullet…

But they’re also really instructive and a ton of fun. We played out various scenarios over the course of a couple of days. When you get hurt, you know it, and you DON’T make the same mistake twice. Some pics from our adventures:














Thanks be to Deputy H., for all his hard work. May your cleaning rods never rust!


DRIVING!



This is fun. Shear fun. I’ve never had so much fun before while getting PAID. These are just a sampling. We’re two days into the driving program, with the rest of the week to come. Stay tuned!

And I’ll confess…I’m secretly hoping for a minor crash…provided no one gets hurt, no property is damaged, and the VIDEO is rolling, of course. Everyone’s driving pretty well though…and it didn’t happen today, even with torrential down-pours and high speed maneuvers. Sometimes one can only hope.





Thanks, Deputy J, for the pictures!